About my Internship
ATG Mission Statement
All That Glam Creative Events Event Planning | Floral Design
Summer ‘21 - Fall ‘21 (May ‘21 - Dec ‘21)
The owner, event planner, and florist is Nancy Pitrelli. All That Glam Creative Events specializes in floral design, styling, and planning of events, weddings and destination weddings. ATG serves the Dallas Fort Worth area as well as destination weddings. They have been honored with awards through The Knot, a Wedding Planning website that provides information, resources, recommendations, about everything wedding related, (All That Glam, 2021).
“We are continuously working to elevate our services by setting a high standard in wedding-planning service and floral design. We are a boutique design studio, meaning that everything we create is customized to you. We offer couples expert advice and hands on guidance - ultimately bringing your dream wedding to life through a highly personalized (stress limiting and always enjoyable) planning experience."
Tasks include but are not limited to: attend and listen to meetings with brides, put together a detailed schedule of the event with notes for yourself, pick up and prep flowers, construct floral arrangements, load and unload the vans with floral arrangements and decor, present the bouquets to the bride to get her approval, set up and break down the events, and make sure that the event is running smoothly, continuously checking in with the staff, family, bridal party, and event coordinator to see if you can help in any way.
- some prior knowledge in event planning/coordination (preferably the applicant’s area of study in College)
- fine attention to detail
- the ability to lift semi-heavy objects (~ 50 lbs)
- the ability to walk and stand on your feet all day
- prior experience or some knowledge in floral design is beneficial but not required
- work in the industry with a reputable business
- meet other vendors, planners, stylists, and venue owners
- learn what goes into floral design and style design for weddings and events on a professional/high end scale
- work with clients face to face
- learn how to problem solve under pressure
- learn to keep level headed work in stressful situations
- learn what goes into owning a business and marketing for that business